Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August Already?

Where has the summer gone? I can't believe that we are shopping for school supplies & clothes already. We have had a very busy summer. Mike has one demo left tomorrow night. And I hate to say it but I am glad. It is very time consuming and it is wearing on me. My house is still torn apart from the bathroom tile installation & hard wood floors in the entry way. I ran over a bolt from derby stuff in the driveway and had to have my tire repaired. Argggg.......I may just be a little angry about the whole thing now, but I will get over it! At least he enjoys doing it and has great friends & our family to support him.

So on to an update on what's been going on! Last week we spent a few days in Duluth. It was beautiful. We spent about 2 hours at the welcome center when we came to town just checking out the views. The kids loved looking out over lake superior. We hiked up to Enger Tower, went down to the harbour, and swam at our water park hotel. I have lots of pictures on facebook if you want to check them out. We have decided we must go back and spend more time looking around. The kids are in Vacation Bible School this week. Brayden is attending and Zach is teaching the recreation part of it. We spent a few hours at the fair. (and a few hours driving around waiting for them to stop charging an entry fee). Zach and Brayden have finished their summer sports and are looking forward to school even though they say they are not!! Kailey will have a big adjustment in a couple weeks. She will be starting preschool, Sunday school and dance class! Wow. She also will cheer at the 9/11 ALHS football game. She took a cheerleading class this summer and there is lots of cheerleading going on in my house every day! I was worried she may forget the cheers by the time the game rolled around, but no worries she has them down pat and performs them all day, every day!

Hope everyone is having a great summer :)

No comments: